Want to make your own baby food, but are short on time? Or short on energy?
No Worries !!
These Baby Food Puree Recipes are fast, healthy and completely homemade!
They are perfect for moms that make everything from scratch, the moms just trying to survive the day and the moms that never thought about making their own baby food.
When you introduce these purees to your baby, it is advisable to give it in a diluted form. Once your baby is adjusted with it, you could give slightly thick.
Rice porridge is an ideal first food for babies after they completed 6 months as it is easily digestible & less likely to cause allergic reactions.
Water – 1.25 to 1.5 cups
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Take 2 tbsp of rice and wash it well. Dry it under the sun or shade for 1 hour or until the rice dried completely.
- Take the dried rice in a saucepan and dry roast in low flame until it is light and little puffy.
- Switch off the flame.
- Grind the rice in a mixer to a little coarse powder. This is a rice porridge powder and you could make this powder with ½ cup rice for a week and store it in an airtight container.
- Now take the freshly powdered rice in a saucepan and add 1 cup of water to it. Mix well with a whisk. Make sure that no lumps are formed. Cook the rice in low flame for 5 minutes or until the rice is completely cooked. Once the rice is cooked it will be in sauce consistency.
- Let it cool down and feed your baby warm.
- Clean the vegetable of your choice with water and peel the skin if needed.
- Chop the vegetable into small cubes.
- Place the chopped cubes in a small bowl in cooker filled partially with water.
- Allow one to 2 Whistles.
- Switch off the flame.
- The chopped veggies would have become soft. Mash it or blend it in the mixer
- Your Puree is now ready.Note:
- Breast milk or formula can be added to make it runny. Start with thin liquid-like consistency and slowly make the puree thicker.
- Do not add salt or sugar until your baby is at least 1 year old.
- Always Stream cook the vegetables before making it a puree.
- You can try this same recipe with any vegetable. Like Carrots, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas + potatoes, Carrots+peas.
BABY FOODS YOU CAN MAKE WITH A FORK
Bananas have a smooth, squishy texture that’s easy to mash and its an excellent on the go food for your baby.
- Select a ripe banana
- Wash, Peel & Slice the Banana
- Just mash it with a fork nicely until all the lumps disappear.
- For extra creaminess, puree the banana with Breastmilk or formula instead of water.
2. Avocado Puree
Avocadoes also have a squishy texture like bananas. Follow the same procedure like the above and create a smooth and tasty Avocado puree for your baby.
These are some fun and super easy puree recipes for your little one.
Hope you all like it. Thank you so much for reading my blog post.